Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bar Stools Saga Pt 2

Remember Pt. 1 of the Bar Stool Saga? Here's Pt 2. Just because I hate to not tidy up loose ends.

I ended up grabbing these on the clearance end cap at Target for $35 EACH! They had 3, and I basically stood by them until I could secure a Target employee to help me bring them to the front. I may have been saying "these are mine... these are mine..." to anyone who made eye contact with me. Maybe.

Anywho, seeing as my dining room is definitely NOT stark white (although I play with the idea of this all the time and wish it was somteimtes, don't tell my husband), I was going to have to make these look older somehow.

So here's what I did!

Step 1: Remove all the pieces from the box.



 Step 2, I had some left over spray paint from another project, so I decided to have the seats have a metallic look:


Step 3: After the seats have dried, attach to the stools.






Step 4: Sand and rough up the stools, as seen below (with my handy sander).




Step 5: I used some old stain I had on hand and filled in the sanded parts with a foam brush, followed by a rag to wipe off the excess. I didn't want them to look perfect, so the messier the better.






That's it! Once the seats dried it only took an afternoon to complete, and assembling them took the longest.

I'm so happy with how they turned out!



And they didn't look super random near my dining set near the bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment